Report on the final event of the project17.10.2022
The final event of the AgriWasteValue project took place during the Nutrevent 2022 exhibition on 4 October in Nantes (France). This event was marked by the closing conference with the presentation of the complete results and by the holding of a stand, which allowed numerous B2B exchanges with actors of the sectors linked to the project, but mainly from the nutraceutical industry (dedicated exhibition).
The main results of the project
The partners presented in turn their part of the results, going from step 1 to 5 to close the circle of valorization of the residues resulting from the pruning of vineyards, pear trees and apple trees. About thirty people were present.
You can find all the results of the project :
- In PowerPoint format
- In video format:
- Step 1 - Availability and distribution of pruning residues: a crucial matter
- Step 2 - Green extraction methodologies applied to apples, pear and vine residues for the recovery of potential nutraceutical and cosmeceutical bioactive ingredients
- Step 3 - Enzymatic modifications of natural extracts of agricutural by-products to produce new bioactive molecules and enhance their biological properties for use in cosmetics
- Step 4 - Beyond extractives - The perspective of tree and vineyard cuttings for a material and energetic utilization
- Step 5 - To orchards cuttings residues to fertilizers: closing the loop
A space for visibility and networking
The Nutrevent exhibition, which lasted from 4 to 5 October, allowed us to highlight the AgriWasteValue project and its various deliverables thanks to a well-placed stand for 2 days, which allowed numerous exchanges with stakeholders interested in the approach and the possibilities On the stand, we could find the video presentation of the project, the 4 case studies, the presentation flyer, the extracts of apple trees, pear trees and vines of the project and... potatoes, which grew thanks to the fertiliser of the project!
A proper closing ceremony
In a few key figures, the AgriWasteValue project, which ends on 24 October 2022, is :
- 26 varieties of residues explored: 11 vineyards, 10 apple trees, 5 pear trees
- 1,492,432 estimated tonnes of vine prunings and 340,493 estimated tonnes of apple and pear prunings available in North-Western Europe
- 20 new molecules identified
- 3 extracts with particularly promising antioxidant, anti-ageing and anti-tyrosinase capacities, derived from apple, pear and vine prunings.
Would you like to discuss the project further or establish a partnership with one or more of the project partners? Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org